Please read the information below about Lake Tekapo Cottages and how to check in:
- To collect the keys to your cottage, unit or holiday home, and pay in full, please come to the Lake Tekapo Cottages Office at 12 Sealy St.
- Our check in office is open from 2pm – 9pm. If you expect to arrive later, please call us on (03) 680 6806 to make late check in arrangements. If we have not been informed of your late arrival there will be a $50 late check in fee.
- If possible, please provide an estimated time of arrival and a New Zealand contact phone number when you make your booking.
- If your booking is made within 12 hours of arrival please contact the office on (03) 680 6806 to ensure we are expecting you.
- Check out is before 10am on the day of your departure.
- Please return the key to the office or place them in the key box.
- We accept cash (NZD), eftpos, Visa , Mastercard, and American Express.
- Guests may incur a cleaning surcharge of $50 if the home is left in an excessively untidy state. This includes evidence of pets or smoking in the house. Cigarette smoke and cooked salmon are very invasive and obvious to the the cleaning staff and next guests.
- No salmon to be cooked in any units or homes please.
- If damage to property through carelessness is evident after your stay we will charge the cost of repair or replacement back to your credit card. Please report any damage or breakages immediately.
Late arrivals and guest numbers
- If your expected arrival time is after 9pm please inform us so we can make arrangements for you to collect your key.
- A late check in may incur a surcharge of $50 if we have not been informed prior.
- Please inform us of additional guests prior to check in (including all children). We will amend your tariff accordingly.
Please note: Failure to inform us of additional guests or children after you have checked in will result in a penalty charge of 200% of the additional guest rate. We also reserve the right to terminate your booking without refund.
- Cleaning and linen is provided for all bookings. However, we ask that on day of your departure that you wash, dry and put away your dishes leaving the kitchen tidy (or load and start the dishwasher if installed).
- Please place all rubbish in bags ready for disposal.
Changes to your Booking
- Changes to your booking can be made up to 10 days before your arrival with no charge.
- Please not , it is not always possible to change your booking to the desired date, in which case our Cancellation Policy comes into play.
Please note: Availability of changes are not guaranteed. Please call us on (03) 680 6865 to discuss possible changes.
- Cancellations made more than 10 days before your arrival do not incur a cancellation fee.
- If cancelled with less than 10 days before your arrival you will be charged in full for the first night’s stay.
- In case of a no-show, you will be charged in full for the total number of nights booked .
- Please be advised that there is no refund during a multiple-day booking if you decide to shorten your stay after you have checked in.
- Pets are not permitted to stay in any property.
Parties, excessive noise, disruptive behavior
- There are private residents living nearby to every property. Please be respectful and take the noise/music inside at 10.30pm.
- Excessive noise, disruptive behaviour or anything unlawful will be dealt with immediately and may result in you being asked to leave the house immediately.
INFOS & Cancellation Policy
Extra Persons the cottages: $40 per person, $30 for children . The first child under 5 is free of charge. Every extra child under 5 is charged the normal children’s tariff.
Booking: please stipulate a deposit payment method or provide us with your master card or visa card details when booking.
Cancellation policy: For all cancellations within 10 days of the arrival date there will be a cancellation charge of the first booked night in full. Cancellations within 24 hour of the arrival date or a “no show” will result in a 100% cancellation charge of all nights booked.
Refunds: If you need a refund of all or part of your deposit due to a cancellation, these can be made per check, or via internet banking. Deposits and Payments made with credit cards will be refunded by an online credit through the original card processing company. A waiting period for the refund of 10 days is mandatory to avoid credit card fraud.
Breakfasts and other meals: Are available on request, cooked breakfast $22 per person. Continental breakfasts available at $18 per person. If you don’t feel like cooking in the evening let us do it for you. We can serve you what is arguably the best THAI CUISINE available in New Zealand, at only $30 a head. Must be pre booked. Ask us for further details Location: We are about 3 minute’s walk from the Lake (very close to the Church of the good Shepherd) and about 5 mins walk to shops and restaurants.
Washing and Ironing: If you require washing to be done we can arrange this for a further $5.00 per drying machine. Some cottages have a washing machine and irons. Inquire before you book please.